viernes, 18 de marzo de 2016

To my English readers



Welcome!



First of all, I must do at least a little attempt to introduce you to Mario. This blog is called “Writing to Mario” and that explains why Mario is mentioned all the time.
This is the translation of this blog´s first post- back in June 2011.

“Someone will wonder… maybe… who is Mario?  I don´t know. Marosa knows, maybe….Mario is an absence. He is no one or someone I don´t know. Mario is a little emptiness that becomes big, sometimes. That is Mario. “

I´ve recently decided to start translating this new flow of words that began last December after so much silence (you will notice that the translations start only then).
I´ve been living abroad and English has been my daily language for four years now. This is an attempt to share a little of what lives inside with what is my world now, and also to open the doors and welcome many other readers who can´t understand my mother tongue- Spanish.
Why start translating only the texts after last December? I must say that something is changing and changing fast. I am the same but different and so are my words. What they were saying only two months ago seems so far away now. And having limited time and amount of friends that help me, I am just picking what is a closer reflection of what I am now.
 I translate the texts/poetry myself and –hopefully- ask a native speaker friend to check the most difficult ones (thanks so much to all the friends who have helped with that so far!) but I´m sorry for any mistake that might have not been corrected.
 I will always keep the original version of the posts first (and for now they are in Spanish but who knows…)

Now that you have been introduced to Mario and some explanations have been made, I can only add I hope you´ll enjoy the reading!

With love,


Marcela

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Licencia Creative Commons
Este obra está bajo una licencia Creative Commons Reconocimiento-NoComercial-SinObraDerivada 3.0 Unported.